ROAD CLOSURES – HSBC UK BRITISH CYCLING NATIONAL ROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS 2017 22ND , 24TH & 25TH JUNE 2017
Manx International Cycling Ltd would like to confirm the following Road Closures to enable the 2017 HSBC UK British Cycling National Road Championships to take place.
We are in the process of writing to Residents on the courses to ensure all are aware of arrangements that affect them.
We fully appreciate and understand that road closures cause inconvenience and disruption; therefore the closures have been designed to be as flexible as they can. Footpaths will remain open and pedestrians will be able to cross the roads, either under assistance from a marshal, or when it safe to do so. Organisers are hopeful roads will open well in advance of the published opening times.
A wider communication regarding community engagement and involvement will commence shortly encouraging residents to get involved with the event.
Thursday 22 June 2017
HSBC UK British Cycling National Time Trial Championships – St Johns
09.30 Until 22:30
A1 Douglas to Peel Road between Ballacraine and Glen Mooar Road. Access will be allowable to residents from 09.30 to 10.15 & 15:00 to 18:00. (To the Arboretum from Ballacraine Cross Roads). Access from Douglas to The Hope will be maintained via Ballacraine.
10.30 Until 15.00 & 18:00 to 21:30
Station Road from its junction with A1 and the Patrick Road. (Access to the School will be maintained under control by marshals.)
Glen Mooar Road between the A1 and A20 Poortown Road.
A20 Poortown Road between Glen Mooar Road and the Switchback Road.
Switch Back Road to its junction with A4 Peel to Kirk Michael Coast Road.
A4 Peel to Kirk Michael Coast Road from its junction with the Switch Back Road and its junction with the A3 at Douglas Road Corner Kirk Michael.
A3 at Douglas Road Corner Kirk Michael to its junction with the A1 at Ballacraine St.Johns.
Saturday 24 June 2017
Mass Participation Sportive
A18 Mountain Road between Barrule Park Ramsey & Creg Ny Baa. 10:45 to 16:00
Sunday 25 June 2017
HSBC UK British Cycling National Road Race Championships Men & Women
- 1) Glencrutchery Road between Dukes Avenue (not including) to Mountain View (not including). 07:00 to 21:00
- 2) A18 Mountain Road from Barrule Park (not including) and Cronk Ny Mona: 09:30 to 19:30 (Permits for residents as per TT and FOM)
TT Course Closure
Mountain View to St Ninians 08:30 to 12.30 & 13:15 to 19:30
St Ninians to Ballacraine 08:30 to 10:00 and 13.15 to 16:00
Ballacraine to Douglas Road Corner Kirk Michael: 09:00 to 10:30 & 13:30 to 16:30
Douglas Road Corner Kirk Michael to Barrule Park Ramsey: 09:15 to 10:45am & 13:45 to 17:00
Barrule Park Ramsey to Cronk Ny Mona (as per above)
Cronk Ny Mona to Dukes Avenue Including Dukes Avenue with unnamed road to the Police Custody Suite: 10:00 to 12:30 & 14:45 to 19:30
Finishing Circuit Closure
St Ninians cross roads /Ballanard Road (Access between Bray Hill and Ballaquayle Road maintained) Scollag Road, Scollag Road (allowing access from Ballaoats Road to road leading to Ballamenagh Road) to Johnny Watersons Lane, Johnny Wattersons Lane between Scollag Road and Cronk Ny Mona: 10:00 to 12.30 & 16:00 to 19:30
Crossing points and access corridors
Access will be maintained at the following points throughout the race period;
TT Access Road will be open.
- A9 Bowring Rd to Parliament St Ramsey.
- Ballacraine to the Hope via Peel and Foxdale.
- Governors Rd to Victoria Rd Douglas
- Bray Hill and Ballaquayle Road for the finishing circuit
- Ballaoats Road leading to Ballamenagh Road for the finishing circuit
Crossing will be allowed in between race convoys at the following points and under the control of Race Control. These will predominately only used in the afternoon.
- A2 between Ballaquayle Rd and Ballanard Rd (St Ninians Crossroads).
- A2 between Malvern Rd and High View Rd.
- A2 Stoney Rd and Tromode Rd (bottom of Bray Hill).
- A1, Douglas and Braddan, between Quarterbridge and Strang Rd, Union Mills.
- A1 Crosby, between Old Church Rd, Eyreton Rd and Ballavitchel Rd.
- A3 between Ballabooie Rd and Little London, Cronk y Voddy.
- A3 Barregarrow Crossroads, Michael.
- A3, Kirk Michael, between Douglas Rd Corner and Station and Glen Rd at Ballaugh Bridge.
- A3 Lezayre, Sulby Glen Crossroads.
- A3 between Sulby Bridge & Claddaghs Rd.
- A3 between Glen Auldyn and Gardeners Lane.
- A3 Ramsey, between Fairfield Ave and Bircham Ave.
- A18 Ramsey between Christian St & Westbourne Rd.
- A18 Ramsey between Lheaney Rd and Barrule Park.
- A18, Onchan and Douglas, between Signpost Corner and Bedstead Corner.
- A2 Onchan and Douglas, between Governors Rd, Victoria Rd, and Second Ave on Glencrutchery Rd
Organisers are on hand to assist the public with queries and facilitate any requests where possible.
Please contact using the following methods: